Please select the year, make, and model for your PCM:
Please list the person who refered you (if any):
Please enter your complete VIN:
Please select your core option:
Please select your PCM level:
Please select your idle speed:
Please select your cooling fan engagement settings:
Please select your timing tables:
Please select your disabled DTC settings:
Disable random/multiple misfire DTC's (ideal for vehicles with aftermarket camshaft)
Disable rear O2 sensor DTC's
Disable EGR DTC's
Disable EVAP DTC's
Please select your transaxle shift settings:
Leave WOT shift points at stock settings - ideal for vehicles with stock rocker arms and camshaft
Increase WOT shift points to approximately 6,000 RPM and engine rev limiters to 6,200 RPM - ideal for vehicles with higher ratio rocker arms and stock camshaft
Increase WOT shift points to approximately 6,250 RPM and engine rev limiters to 6,500 RPM - ideal for vehicles with mild camshaft, such as the INTENSE Stage 1X grinds
Increase WOT shift points to approximately 6,500 RPM and engine rev limiters to 6,750 RPM - ideal for vehicles with medium camshaft, such as the INTENSE Stage 2 grinds
Increase WOT shift points to approximately 6,750 RPM and engine rev limiters to 7,000 RPM - ideal for vehicles with aggressive camshaft, such as the INTENSE Stage 3 grinds
Mod list, or other things we should know:
Please enter your full name and todays date to show you have read and understand the INTENSE™ Powertrain Control Module Disclaimer:
- 1997-2005 Bonneville with 3800 series II engine
- 1997-2002 Camaro/Firebird with 3800 series II engine
- 1999-2005 Grand Am with 3400 engine
- 1997-2008 Grand Prix with 3800 series II/III engine
- 2000-2005 Impala with 3800 series II engine
- 1998-2005 Monte Carlo with 3800 series II engine
- 1997-2005 Lesabre with 3800 series II engine
- 1999-2005 Park Avenue with 3800 series II engine
- 1997.5-2004 Regal with 3800 series II engine
- 1997-1999 Riviera with 3800 series II engine
- 2000 Alero GLX
Read the testimonials of INTENSE™ Powertrain Control Module users!
Some of our benefits include:
- - Flexible options, giving you the ability to choose just the right settings to match your combination. No "version 1.0" tunes that are the same for everybody. In other words, if you have a mild cam and need slightly higher shift points and rev limiter, and a DTC or two disabled, you will no longer be forced to pay $300 to $600 for a custom tune or race PCM with more adjustments than you really want. We offer you the ability to cost effectively fine-tune your PCM to your exact needs!
- Every INTENSE™ PCM is coded with the correct year, make and model of your vehicle. This means that even if your car is a 1998, 2000, 2001 or 2002, you won't be required to enter 1999 into a Tech II to perform a Crankshaft Position Variation (CASE) Learn and that this PCM is undetectable by a dealer.
- Each PCM is written with your correct VIN, so an aftermarket VIN editor is not required.
- In some cases, your PCM may use an operating system that isn't the most recent one available (see http://calid.gm.com for details). In these cases, we'll update you to the latest OEM code, then apply our changes. We use GM Service Programming System (SPS) for monthly updates.
- We have complete access to hundreds of parameters within every PCM. For example, we can disable DTC's individually in EVERY vehicle we support. There is no need to disable all of the DTC’s in some PCM’s just to turn off one DTC.
INTENSE™ PCMs are processed and shipped with the same top notch service INTENSE™ has been known to provide. Most PCMs will ship within one business day*** of your order!
Here are the different tune levels that we have available for your vehicle:
- INTENSE™ Single-shot PCM - $124.99
A custom-built tune for the mods you have on your car. Ideal for stock to slightly modded cars with induction mods, exhaust mods, smaller supercharger pulley and/or rocker arms - features removal of all speed limiters, higher shift points (~6,000 RPM)** and rev limiter (6,200 RPM) , proprietary transaxle shift behavior adjustments** including 'skip shifts', air/fuel adjustments, knock retard decay rate adjustment, cooling fan control adjustments (180°), cooling fans on at key-off for 180 seconds, elimination of Abuse Mode, Differential Scoring Protection, Supercharger Torque Management, etc. The default options represent typical mods done by our customers. Options allow you to tailor the tune for more extensive modifications.
- INTENSE™ Unlimited PCM - $174.99
You tell us what you want changed and we'll take care of it, for as long as you own your car. Starting the modification process? This option lets you get a great customized tune, and as you make changes we'll do further updates for free. Highly recommended for any custom engine builds, off-road projects, or engine swaps.
- INTENSE™ PCM Tune-Up Service - $49.99
You tell us what you want changed and we'll take care of it. Select this option to modify your exsisting INTENSE™ PCM with any changes that you require. Please detail the changes you require in the custom settings box.
* 2006+ Grand Prix cars are now tuned with their specific PCM Cores and recent HPTuners software.
** The 2001-2005 Grand Prix GTP and 2001-2004 Regal GS (and any other vehicles not originally equipped with Performance Shift) do NOT require the addition of a performance shift harness to utilize the features of our PCMs. Instead, we code your new PCM to automatically invoke firmer shifts and higher shift points at higher throttle positions. Under light and moderate throttle, your car will shift just like stock. At heavy and full throttle, the shifts will automatically become much firmer and later.
*** Most PCMs will ship within one business day. We can reprogram the PCM in your car if you bring the car to us. Or we can reprogram your core in one business day if you ship it to us.
**** The manual timing adjustment feature requires the purchase of a "Happy Knob", Casper's Timing Commander or other timing control device to be connected via the IAT analog input channel.
***** We will only offer our "Tune-Up" Service on INTENSE™ PCMs. Other brands of PCMs can be used for core value, but we will not edit calibrations done by any other company or individual.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS:
Can you make changes to my Brand X PCM?
No. Most other brands of PCMs can be used for core value, but we will not edit calibrations done by any other company or individual.
Did you guys copy someone else's PCM code?
Absolutely not. All of our calibration files are written using OEM software as a starting point. This is how we are able to provide you with the correct year, make, model, operating system and VIN in your new PCM. And this is also how we are able to introduce aftermarket PCMs for vehicle models that no one else has released yet.
Do you 'lock' your PCMs?
No. Our PCM’s are not locked in any way. The checksum flags aren't disabled. And the Operating Systems are not changed to '0' or ' '. Anyone with editing capability can read and edit our PCM’s.
Have your new PCMs been dyno tested?
INTENSE™ has dynoed hundreds of 3800-based vehicles, and we understand the areas where the factory PCM is holding us back. The bottom line is that we now have the ability to make adjustments to hundreds of parameters within the PCM. And we have spent many thousands of dollars of dyno time. We can't guarantee a specific horsepower number for your particular car because performance gains from aftermarket PCMs are always highly dependent on your entire mod package, but results from our PCMs are often within a few percentage points of where you'd end up in a custom dyno session costing much more.
Do you really know how to tune cars?
Our tunes currently hold the highest horsepower 3800 N/A dyno record, the 3800 M90 supercharged dyno record and 3800 turbo dyno record.
What do I need to do after installing a new INTENSE™ PCM?
Most vehicles will start right up. Some cars (such as the Bonneville SSEi, Impala SS and Monte Carlo SS) will require performing a simple Security Relearn Procedure. All cars will benefit from a Crankshaft Position Variation Learn procedure (commonly referred to as CASE Learn). Anyone with a Tech II (such as a GM dealership) can perform this special function for you in a few minutes. Some discretion is necessary when asking your dealership to NOT re-flash the PCM. If they re-flash the PCM, all your special tuning will be gone and un-retrievable. Many dealers will perform the Crankshaft Position Variation Learn procedure for free, while others may charge a modest fee. Please note that 1997 model year vehicles DO NOT require a CASE Learn if the knock module (square cover attached to the PCM with two allen head screws) is simply swapped over from the old PCM hardware to the INTENSE™ PCM hardware.
What if I don't like your PCM?
Just send it back to us within seven days for a full refund.
Todd Allen enjoys the improved torque management settings in his INTENSE™ PCM equipped 2000 Bonneville SSEi!