INTENSE™ Street/Strip Performance Shift Pak®
Part Number: TSP-651
Shipping Weight: 3.00 pounds
- 2000-Current Impala
- 1998-current Grand Prix GT
- 1998-current Monte Carlo
- 1998-current other applications using the 4T65E (non -HD) transaxle
- 1997-current Grand Prix GTP
- 1997-current Regal GS
- 1997-current Bonneville SSEi
- 1997-current other applications using the 4T65E-HD transaxle
The INTENSE™ Street/Strip Performance Shift Pak® is installed by removing the transaxle pan, then the accumulator cover. The accumulator housing contains the 1-2 and 2-3 pistons that control the rate at which fluid pressure gets applied to the clutch packs during upshifts and downshifts. Our kit contains custom springs and spacers to create the ideal shifts for a mix of street and strip use. Shorter shift cycle times mean less time when the PCM retards ignition timing during each shift to protect the transaxle.
Shortening the shift times serves to increase clutch life, due to less slippage between gears. Less slippage equates to less heat, and less heat can extend overall transaxle life.
There are two basic settings, depending on whether you have a 245 mm. (stock in 4T65E transaxles) or 258 mm. (stock in 4T65E-HD transaxles) torque converter. This kit is by far the most comprehensive performance shift pak on the market for our transaxles. Every kit includes:
- 5 custom accumulator piston springs
- 3 custom flat spacers
- 8 custom cylindrical spacers
- sandpaper to smooth accumulator gasket surface for improved mating
- new accumulator gasket
- abrasive pad to scuff accumulator bores for increased oil on bore walls
- 2 new piston seals
- new transaxle filter
- transmission assembly lubricant
- extremely detailed installation instructions with full color images explaining how to inspect your transaxle pan contents, and properly prepare the accumulator cover, accumulator pistons and piston pins.
- Unfortunately this kit will NOT fit 4T60E transaxles.
- Installation should average one to two hours depending on your skill level.
- No special tools are required other than an inch-pound torque wrench.
Transaxle components fail - especially in cars modified for increased power outputs. Transaxle failures occur in completely stock transaxles and ones with performance shift paks too. Your purchase and installation of this product constitutes your acceptance of any and all liability with regard to this product. INTENSE Enterprises, Inc. will not be held liable for any transaxle or other damage that occurs due to the installation, misinstallation or use of this product.
Average Customer Review: Based on 5 Reviews
Write a Customer Review and share your thoughts with others.
Joe Fair (Columbus, IN) 11.26.2021
Buick Century (1811 hardshift)
William Blackburn (Cynthiana, KY) 4.21.2019
2006 Impala LTZ
Branden (Hopkins, MN) 3.29.2013
Pete (Toronto, ON) 4.22.2012
2000 Pontiac Bonneville SSEI hard shifting
Barry (Kirkwood, PA) 3.12.2012