INTENSE™ 3800 Oil Pressure Kit
Part Number: OPK-671
Shipping Weight: 1.00 pounds
0 Customer Reviews
- 1995-2004 Bonneville with 3800 Series II engine
- 1996-2002 Camaro with 3800 Series II engine
- 1996-2002 Firebird with 3800 Series II engine
- 1997-2004 Grand Prix with 3800 Series II or Series III engine
- 2000-2004 Impala with 3800 Series II engine
- 1998-1999 Intrigue with 3800 Series II engine
- 1996-2004 LeSabre with 3800 Series II engine
- 1998-2000 Lumina with 3800 Series II engine
- 1998-2004 Monte Carlo with 3800 Series II engine
- 1995-1999 Oldsmobile 88 with 3800 Series II engine
- 1996-1996 Oldsmobile 98 with 3800 Series II engine
- 1995-2002 Park Avenue with 3800 Series II engine
- 1995-2002 Regal with 3800 Series II engine
- 1995-2004 other applications with 3800 Series II or Series III engine
Motor oil is the lifeblood of your 3800 engine, and any form of auto racing significantly increases the amount of work you're asking your oil to perform. The INTENSE Oil Pressure Kit allows you to increase WOT oil pressure in your 3800 Series II or Series III engine from approximately 50 to 55 psi to a race-oriented (and much safer) 80 to 85 psi. These numbers are based on using 20w50 motor oil and engine operating temperature of 180 degrees F.
This is a wise mod for anyone who races his 3800 on a regular basis, and a MUST HAVE mod for anyone using the factory oil pump to support a centrifugal supercharger or turbocharger.
Each kit comes complete with a new oil pressure relief valve, oil pressure relief spring, a high precision, case-hardened, black oxide finished shim and new oil filter bracket gasket. To install, unbolt the oil filter standoff (see below), remove the stock valve and spring, then replace with the new valve and spring, inserting the shim into the valve before the spring. Bolt the standoff back on with the new gasket in place.
Oil filter standoff closeup:
Average Customer Review:
There are currently no customer product reviews for the product.
Be the first to write an online review and share your thoughts with others.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
- Performance Packages
- GM 3800
- Performance Packages
- Braking and Suspension
- Cooling System
- PCM - Ignition - Electronics
- Gaskets and Hardware
- Heads, Cam and Valvetrain
- Pulleys and Belts
- Pontiac G8 L76/LS3
- Chevrolet Camaro 5th Gen
- Cobalt and ION
- GM LS1/LS2/LS4/LS6
- GM 3400 LA1