LSJ Diamond Coated Forged Piston/Pin/Ring Kits
Part Number: LSJ-PKC-xxxx
Shipping Weight: 11.00 pounds
0 Customer Reviews
- 2005-2007 Cobalt SS with LSJ (supercharged) engine
- 2004-2007 ION Red Line with LSJ (supercharged) engine
Diamond Forged Pistons are a big upgrade from stock cast aluminum pistons. Made with 2618 alloy, these are made specifically for the GM ECOTEC engines. Engineered to handle nitrous, high boost blower, and turbo applications, they have a ribbed side relief and premium 8620 alloy offset wrist pins.
Diamond Forged Piston/Pin/Ring Kits for the LSJ are custom dished with .906" x 2.500" chamfered 8620 wrist pins, double pin oilers and complete ring sets. The piston skirts are moly coated (for scuff resistance) and the tops are ceramic coated for a thermal barrier.
Stock LSJ compression ratio is 9.5:1 and bore size is 86mm.
While these pistons are expensive, they come complete with wrist pins, pin-fitting and rings, and are the best quality you can buy. Diamond piston kits are built to order and they usually ship within 3-5 business days, so you don't have to wait several weeks once you decide to upgrade to forged pistons. Also keep in mind that our pistons feature two different coating processes. These two processes alone add approximately $175 to the kit cost.
The common sizes available are:
- LSJ-PKC-0950 Diamond LSJ Coated Piston/Pin/Ring Kit, 9.5:1, .standard 86mm bore
- LSJ-PKC-0951 Diamond LSJ Coated Piston/Pin/Ring Kit, 9.5:1, .10" oversized bore*
- LSJ-PKC-0952 Diamond LSJ Coated Piston/Pin/Ring Kit, 9.5:1, .20" oversized bore*
- LSJ-PKC-1000 Diamond LSJ Coated Piston/Pin/Ring Kit, 10.0:1, .standard 86mm bore
- LSJ-PKC-1001 Diamond LSJ Coated Piston/Pin/Ring Kit, 10.0:1, .10" oversized bore*
- LSJ-PKC-1002 Diamond LSJ Coated Piston/Pin/Ring Kit, 10.0:1, .20" oversized bore*
- LSJ-PKC-1050 Diamond LSJ Coated Piston/Pin/Ring Kit, 10.5:1, .standard 86mm bore
- LSJ-PKC-1051 Diamond LSJ Coated Piston/Pin/Ring Kit, 10.5:1, .10" oversized bore*
- LSJ-PKC-1052 Diamond LSJ Coated Piston/Pin/Ring Kit, 10.5:1, .20" oversized bore*
General Piston Specifications:
Compression height = 1.257"
Pin diameter = .906"
Ring widths = 1.2, 1.5, 3.0 mm.
Dish volumes = 4.3 cc (10.0:1), 7 cc (10.5:1)
When finishing cylinder bores you should use the following:
- Chrome moly rings need a rougher finish, such as a 220 grit stone.
- Plasma moly rings require a finish such as a 280 grit stone.
- As the pistons are ordered for your specific application, please be certain of your measurements. We do not want returns of this item and will apply hefty restocking fees (due to low demand and many size options).
- We recommend your Diamond Forged Piston/Pin/Ring Kit be installed by a competent professional. Much care is required and there is opportunity for things to go wrong.
- Rod bore should be .907. If the rod bore is smaller than .907 it will need to be rod honed to .907 or pin fitted.
- *Non standard bore sizes have a $50.00 customization fee, take 2-3 weeks from time of payment to ship, and are non-refundable.
- Diamond Forged Piston/Pin/Ring Kits are warranted for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of purchase against defects in materials and workmanship. The warranty provides for replacement parts only, and does not cover labor or any other costs. Purchaser and Installer assume all liability with regard to any and all damages in any way related to the purchase, installation and/or use of these pistons.
Average Customer Review:
There are currently no customer product reviews for the product.
Be the first to write an online review and share your thoughts with others.
There are currently no reviews for this product.