ARP Flex Plate Bolts
Part Number: FPB-67x
Shipping Weight: 0.40 pounds
0 Customer Reviews
- 1995-2004 Bonneville with 3800 Series II engine
- 1996-2002 Camaro with 3800 Series II engine
- 1996-2002 Firebird with 3800 Series II engine
- 1997-2004 Grand Prix with 3800 Series II or Series III engine
- 2000-2004 Impala with 3800 Series II engine
- 1998-1999 Intrigue with 3800 Series II engine
- 1996-2004 LeSabre with 3800 Series II engine
- 1998-2000 Lumina with 3800 Series II engine
- 1998-2004 Monte Carlo with 3800 Series II engine
- 1995-1999 Oldsmobile 88 with 3800 Series II engine
- 1996-1996 Oldsmobile 98 with 3800 Series II engine
- 1995-2002 Park Avenue with 3800 Series II engine
- 1995-2002 Regal with 3800 Series II engine
- 1995-2004 other applications with 3800 Series II or Series III engine and an automatic transmission
These bolts are manufactured by Automotive Racing Products. Each one is made of 8740 chrome moly heat-treated to 170,000 psi tensile strength to provide a substantial extra margin of safety over Grade 8 and other hardware.
Although these bolts are considerably stronger than stock, some customers have experienced problems with them loosening up shortly after being installed. Hundreds of sets are out there working fine, and we still use these bolts on every car in our stable. Nonetheless some customers have had issues so this should be surfaced. The jury is still out on the exact cause and best possible solution, but here is what we know at this time:
- -The most plausible theory at this point is that crankshaft torsional forces are causing the bolts to loosen in certain applications.
- -Stock flexplate bolts are torque-to-yield and are actually installed much tighter (after the extra 50 degrees of tightening) than the ARP's.
- -Some customers have eliminated the problem by reinstalling stock torque-to-yield flexplate bolts. This solution did not work in all cases.
- -Some customers have eliminated the problem by installing the ARP bolts with Loctite instead of ARP assembly lubricant. This solution did not work in all cases.
- -Some customers have eliminated the problem by switching from a W-body to an H-body harmonic balancer, which reduces crankshaft torsionals.
- -Some people have eliminated the problem by installing a new crankshaft balancer, such as the ATI or Powerbond OEM or SFI-rated balancers, which substantially reduces crankshaft vibration compared to a worn stock balancer.
- Our flex plate bolts come in sets of eight.
- The flexplate to crank bolt torque is 25ft lbs with red locktite and the flexplate to torque converter are 47 ft lbs with red locktite.
Average Customer Review:
There are currently no customer product reviews for the product.
Be the first to write an online review and share your thoughts with others.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
- Performance Packages
- GM 3800
- Performance Packages
- Braking and Suspension
- Cooling System
- PCM - Ignition - Electronics
- Gaskets and Hardware
- Hardcore Engine
- Heads, Cam and Valvetrain
- Pulleys and Belts
- Pontiac G8 L76/LS3
- Chevrolet Camaro 5th Gen
- Cobalt and ION
- GM LS1/LS2/LS4/LS6
- GM 3400 LA1