INTENSE™ Stage 2 3800 Cylinder Heads (pair)
Part Number: CHP-xx2
Shipping Weight: 76.00 pounds
0 Customer Reviews
- 1995-2004 Bonneville with 3800 Series II engine
- 1996-2002 Camaro with 3800 Series II engine
- 1996-2002 Firebird with 3800 Series II engine
- 1997-2005 Grand Prix with 3800 Series II/III engine
- 2000-2005 Impala with 3800 Series II engine
- 1998-1999 Intrigue with 3800 Series II engine
- 1996-2004 LeSabre with 3800 Series II engine
- 1998-2000 Lumina with 3800 Series II engine
- 1998-2005 Monte Carlo with 3800 Series II engine
- 1995-1999 Oldsmobile 88 with 3800 Series II engine
- 1996-1996 Oldsmobile 98 with 3800 Series II engine
- 1995-2004 Park Avenue with 3800 Series II engine
- 1995-2004 Regal with 3800 Series II engine
- 1995-2005 other applications with 3800 Series II/III engine
We have now studied and flow-bench tested more than a dozen different 3800 Series II head porting designs, and are convinced our Stage 2 heads will outperform any other heads on the market retaining stock valves.
These 3800 Series II cylinder heads are now available for both L36 and L67 engines. They should be used in conjunction with the more aggressive camshaft profiles (such as our INTENSE Stage 2 Blower Cam, INTENSE Stage 2 Turbo Cam, or INTENSE Stage 2 Normally Aspirated Cam), and boost levels ranging from 10 to 20 psi. Note: these heads are NOT recommended for use on an L36 engine, unless an aftermarket power adder has been installed, or you run a high stall torque converter.
Each head is disassembled, inspected, cleaned and extensively ported. Then top quality solid bronze guides are installed and a competition valve job and bowl blending is performed. Stock valves with hardened tips are retained, so the valve tips won't mushroom, even with stock rocker arms. Heavy duty (105 pound) aftermarket valvesprings are installed at 1.80" along with steel Manley retainers for extra clearance. These springs and retainers are STANDARD on all INTENSE Stage 2 Cylinder Heads. Our heads are machined to handle valve lifts up to .600".
Each head is then painted with your choice of 1966 - 1970 Pontiac Metallic Blue, 1970 - 1975 Buick Red, Aluminum, Black, or Bright Red high-heat engine paint and reassembled. By utilizing valvesprings with the stock conical shape, we completely eliminate the possibility of rocker arm to retainer interference found in some other head designs. By properly machining the heads to handle increased valve lifts, we are able to prevent oil seal and valve guide damage that can be caused by cams with gross valve lifts in excess of .525".
From an airflow standpoint, these heads are the best 3800 Series II/III design we have seen (while retaining stock valves):
Intake (28" of water, clay radius to repeat)
- .100" - 64 cfm
- .200" - 131 cfm
- .300" - 177 cfm
- .400" - 202 cfm
- .500" - 211 cfm
- .600" - 214 cfm
Exhaust (28" of water, 1.75" pipe to repeat)
- .100" - 55 cfm
- .200" - 103 cfm
- .300" - 164 cfm
- .400" - 183 cfm
- .500" - 193 cfm
- .600" - 198 cfm
Look for horsepower gains to be in the 15-30 HP range with these heads, greatly dependent on other mods. Good results will be seen on engines with maximum airflow (induction and exhaust), and the best results will be seen on engines with higher boost and/or intercoolers.
- CHP-362 - INTENSE Stage 2 L36/L26 Cylinder Heads (pair)
- CHP-672 - INTENSE Stage 2 L67/L32 Cylinder Heads (pair)
- - INTENSE Stage 2 heads are built to order. Please allow 2-3 weeks for machining and turnaround when ordering.
- - Click Here to see cross-sections of 3800 Series II/III cylinder heads
- - To purchase preassembled heads, a $200.00 U.S. core charge will be placed on this item. The core charge will be fully refunded after your original cylinder heads are returned, disassembled, cleaned and inspected. The returned cylinder heads MUST be from a late 1998 or newer engine as prior to mid-1998, GM used smaller valvespring pilot seats and the heads were prone to cracking at these locations. The core heads must include valves and be in rebuildable condition. Seals, springs, retainers or keepers need not be included as we replace these.
- - INTENSE Stage 2 Cylinder Heads are warranted for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of purchase against defects in materials and workmanship. The warranty provides for replacement cylinder heads only, and does not cover labor or any other costs. Purchaser and Installer assume all liability with regard to any and all damages in any way related to the purchase, installation and/or use of these cylinder heads.
- - We strongly recommend the ARP Head Stud Kit with these cylinder heads.
- - We strongly recommend the Cometic MLS Head Gaskets with these cylinder heads.
Average Customer Review:
There are currently no customer product reviews for the product.
Be the first to write an online review and share your thoughts with others.
There are currently no reviews for this product.
- Performance Packages
- GM 3800
- Performance Packages
- Braking and Suspension
- Cooling System
- PCM - Ignition - Electronics
- Gaskets and Hardware
- Hardcore Engine
- Pulleys and Belts
- Pontiac G8 L76/LS3
- Chevrolet Camaro 5th Gen
- Cobalt and ION
- GM LS1/LS2/LS4/LS6
- GM 3400 LA1